By Yoshifumi Tanaka
Taking the North-East Atlantic ocean to illustrate of local perform, this ebook addresses the twin method of ocean governance in overseas legislations. It examines the interplay among zonal and built-in administration methods and the conservation of marine dwelling assets and marine organic range. The research examines the restrictions of the conventional zonal method and indicates new probabilities for conformity among sovereign states, foreign legislation and sustainable improvement.
Read or Download A Dual Approach to Ocean Governance (Ashgate International Law Series) PDF
Best jurisprudence books
An leading edge exam of the law's therapy of estate, this scholar textbook offers a readable account of basic estate legislation rules. It attracts on a variety of fabrics on estate rights as a rule, and the English estate legislations procedure particularly, all types of estate, not only land.
Whereas the family among legislation and technological know-how span many centuries, there are rising complicated interactions among the informational elements of legislation and biology in a number of up to date criminal purposes. accordingly, organic specialist proof beneficial properties in a variety of criminal contexts, together with clinical legislation, torts, crime and highbrow estate.
This is often the fourth quantity in a chain exploring key matters in ethics, legislation and society, released in organization with the Cardiff Centre for Ethics, legislations and Society. This paintings provides a variety of papers and commentaries on subject matters in Agriculture and nutrition, Bioethics, and Ethics and Society. Multidisciplinary in method, the publication offers a useful source for all these involved in modern moral matters.
- European Community Law (Briefcase)
- Roman Society and Roman Law in the New Testament
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law - Fri-Jam
- LSAT PrepTest 15
- Theory of Legal Principles (Law and Philosophy Library)
Additional resources for A Dual Approach to Ocean Governance (Ashgate International Law Series)
19. 64 Baslar, above note 53, pp. 228–42. 16 A Dual Approach to Ocean Governance Integrated Management Approach in International Instruments Integrated Management Approach as an Emerging Concept It is of particular interest that recently, international documents tend to stress the importance of a holistic approach by referring to the concept of ‘integrated management approach’ or ‘integrated ocean management’. 1 of Agenda 21 adopted in the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED/the Earth Summit) stated that: The marine environment – including the oceans and all seas and adjacent coastal areas – forms an integrated whole that is an essential component of the global life -support system and a positive asset that presents opportunities for sustainable development.
310 ff. P. , pp. 72–86; T. ’ (1998) 3 Annuaire du droit de la mer, pp. 13–29 (in particular pp. 21–25). 29 Emphasis added. ICJ Reports 1974, p. 31, para. 72 of the judgment between the United Kingdom and Iceland, and at 200, para. 64 of the judgment between the Federal Republic of Germany and Iceland. 30 Nevertheless, it appears doubtful that the extension of coastal State jurisdiction could resolve problems relating to marine pollution and the conservation of living resources. Such an extension could produce international disputes threatening the integrity of the 1982 LOSC.
108 With respect to the geographical scope of the North-East Atlantic, we will follow the deﬁnition of the OSPAR Convention. 1 The OSPAR Maritime Area Source: OSPAR Commission, Quality Status Report 2000 (London, OSPAR Commission, 2000) p. 2. 1. A New Perspective on Ocean Governance 27 This study is composed of three parts. Part One consists of two chapters that will address the dual approach to the conservation of marine living resources. Chapter 2 will examine essential features of the traditional zonal management approach as well as its limits.