The purpose of this 2005 convention used to be to supply a discussion board for extractive metallurgy operators to debate and current reports in facing genuine processing matters and their suggestions. the 3 major goals of the convention have been to interchange useful info to aid operators in bettering their plant’s day after day functionality; to introduce new processing options and stimulate debate approximately the way to increase the often; and to check prior functionality at the implementation of tasks from an operator’s viewpoint with the purpose of opting for what was once performed good and what has to be performed greater sooner or later. All papers have been peer reviewed ahead of e-book in line with the AusIMM guidance to make sure the presentation and technical content material is maintained at a excessive ordinary. This convention quantity will function a beneficial resource of data for these looking to comprehend and to extra increase plant functionality.
desk of Contents
Section 1. Keynote Addresses 1. schooling and improvement of workmanship for the assets
2. discussion with the darkish aspect - Geologists and Miners are humans Too
Section 2. Leaching and Solvent Extraction three. Pilot experiences of the Ravensthorpe Nickel Project's strain Acid Leach Slurry Heater
four. layout and Commissioning of the Sepon Copper strain Oxidation Circuit
five. HydroCopper® - a brand new strategy for Treating Copper Concentrates
6. Implementation of a brand new Leaching strategy for the remedy of KCGM Gold Flotation focus
7. research of Agitation Leaching facts - equipment and Interpretation
eight. Uranium restoration from hugely Saline in situ Leach ideas via Ion trade
nine. using AuRIX®100 Resin for the Selective restoration of Gold and Silver from Copper, Gold and Silver recommendations
10. bettering Plant Operations utilizing Synergistic Solvent Extraction know-how and natural tracking
eleven. lowering working bills and Soluble Loss in Copper Hydrometallurgy with Use of leading edge Solvent Extraction Circuits
12. beneficial steel restoration through Electrolysis to Yield a Filterable Sludge
Section three. Smelting and changing thirteen. The Clyde-WorleyParsons notion for a Flash Furnace Feed method
14. Sampling and Measurements within the response Shaft at Olympic Dam
15. enhancing Blister Tapping at Olympic Dam
sixteen. the hot Anglo Platinum changing venture
17. Modelling of Slag Blow in Copper Peirce-Smith Converters
18. Thermodynamics of changing High-Impurity Copper Matte
19. Peirce-Smith Converter Mouth remodel review
Section four. technique development 20. layout issues for Smelter gasoline dealing with
21. development in Australian Bulk Minerals' Iron Ore Pellet caliber and method functionality
22. Prevention of Scaling and Corrosion of Titanium Alloy warmth Exchanger Tubes on the Risdon Electrolytic Zinc Refinery
23. Pipeline layout features of a few business Paste-Like Slurries
Section five. Plant help 24. Commissioning - The Interface among development and Operations
25. Alkali Emission relief and dimension at Queensland Alumina constrained (QAL)
26. keep an eye on method development via Alarm aid
27. approach info administration procedure at Mount Isa
Read or Download First Extractive Metallurgy Operators' Conference Proceedings 2005 PDF
Best metallurgy books
Chalcopyrites, particularly people with a large band hole, are attention-grabbing fabrics when it comes to their technological strength within the subsequent new release of thin-film sunlight cells and by way of their easy fabric homes. They express uniquely low disorder formation energies, resulting in strange doping and section habit and to tremendous benign grain barriers.
The most rules and functions of the metallurgy are supplied during this publication.
- Bicycle Metallurgy for the Cyclist
- Metallurgy of Basic Weld Metal
- ASM Handbook, Volume 19: Fatigue and Fracture
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Intermetallic Chemistry
Additional resources for First Extractive Metallurgy Operators' Conference Proceedings 2005
Gold concentrations in solution were used to calculate the extraction kinetic plots for regular cyanidation tests. The leach solution and wash solutions were titrated for free cyanide with silver nitrate using rhodamine as an indicator, and then assayed for gold and base metals (Fe, Cu) by atomic absorption spectroscopy. The calculation of the cyanide consumption was based on no recycling of the cyanide. Because of the uncertainty in the effect of aging, various samples were collected. Comparison of results between various sets of samples must be performed with caution as sample variability could not be assessed between each sampling event.
First Extractive Metallurgy Operators’ Conference ANALYSIS OF AGITATION LEACHING DATA — METHODS AND INTERPRETATION As expected the copper grade has little effect on the GAC rate and is not included in the model. In this region once the initial GACo has been satisfied there is little or no dependence of GAC rate on grade. However, there is a significant increase in GAC rate with decrease in grind size. 11 kg/t/min; which has been used in the subsequent modelling. 30 20 15 EFFECT OF ACID DILUTION ON GANGUE ACID CONSUMPTION 10 5 0 0 1 2 3 4 Grade % ASCu 5 6 7 FIG 6 - GACo variation with grade.
The UFG was initially preconditioned for 24 hours and leached with cyanide for 96 hours. Plant leaching profiles indicated that leaching rates were faster and leach residues had a lower gold content. Figure 2 shows the difference in gold extraction with and without lead nitrate in function of the nature of the feed. 7 g/t Au with the addition of lead nitrate. 14 Mineralogical examination of laboratory leached 10 µm material showed almost all of the gold in the residue to be associated with gold locked in pyrite and not amenable to further cyanidation.